Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Latest ebay score.

It seems like getting good deals on eBay is getting harder and harder to come by these days, but just as I'm about to give up eBay always pulls through for me in the end.

So I'd thought I'd take a second to brag about my latest score.  I picked a few lots up for 30 dollars including shipping the other week.  Not super cheap, not as awesome as the 99 cents plus free shipping deal I pulled off in 2012 but very awesome none the less.

The item description was "24 Kobolds" but I recognized the little fellows as 'Mudat's Mercenary Half-Orcs'.


You know you've got something good in the mail when it comes packaged in a Citadel 'Monster Paint Set'.



And here's what I got- a nice whole unit of 24 Mudat's Half-Orcs, 5 more Orcs for my Ol' Rusty Axe gang, a Dark Elf sorceress a few odds and ends and my very own Slann warrior on Cold-one.  Sorry for the hazy phone pic.

Combined with my handful of other citadel Half-Orcs I should now have a nice healthy unit of 30 or so.  This will be a back-burner project for now, got a few others things ahead so the little dirty bushwhackers will be soaking in Simple Green for a bit.












5 comments:

  1. Awsome. There appears to be a half orc love fest going on at t he moment. Maybe its time to hunt mine out too.

    Look forward to seeing these painted even if thye are at the bottom of the pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, It was the latest coincidental post on 'theleadpile' the convinced me to make my own post.
      My current project is boring me... maybe I'll tick the hal-orcs up a couple notches on the things-to-do list.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, well done. It's still possible to pick up e-bay bargains now and again.
    It will be great to see them painted up, shame the paint box did'nt have the paints in it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a double shame the box didn't have the paints especially now that my local gaming stores no longer stock coat d'arms.

      Delete
  3. I agree. My opinion is ebays higher rates and policies have led to a market place experience more like Amazon and less conductive for people that just want to load off a bunch of their junk quickly. Every other seller now has a storefront account and just lets items sit on "auction" for eternity.

    I checked out bivver.com. Its nicely put together (suspiciously similar layout to ebay) but unfortunately there's less then 700 items on the whole site and nothing in the Toys and Games section. Really nothing for me there.

    The only other auction site I've had luck with is gunbroker.com but thats a topic for another blog someday. But I do think the next generation of online auction sites (assuming there will be one) will be content specific such as gunbroker.com. Such as a Toys and Games only etc.

    ReplyDelete