Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Step aside Simple Green

For the past several years Simple Green concentrate has been my go to choice for stripping miniatures. Unfortunately I think they must have changed the formula a few years back, I've been really putting in a lot of work scrubbing the miniatures after they've soaked for several days and the results just aren't what they used to be.

Somebody on some forum or blog mentioned stuff they picked up at a dollar store, I don't know if this is the same stuff they were referencing but the other day I picked up a jug of LA's Totally Awesome concentrate cleaner at my local 99 cent Store. I wish I had documented my first trial but wow so far so good!


I soaked these goblins for about 48 hours and the paint literally sloughed off and they cleaned up with a minimum brushing. No paint left stuck in the nook and crannies.





So I'll try and document my second test here. Ive got a couple more goblins and a heavily painted space marine. I'll give them a day or two and post the results.




It turned very milky after soaking the first two gobbos so I'm a little concerned about how re-usable it is. To that end I've dropped an old Mighty Ugezod (sorry no before pic) into the used stuff and the other three into a new pour.


OK, I'll be back in a few days with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment